This course trains collectors in the proper procedures for urine specimen collection, handling, and transfer to ensure error-free, challenge-proof collections in compliance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines, 49 CFR Part 40, and industry standards.
Upon completing Urine Collector Training, you will be able to:
- Explain 49 CFR Part 40 and current DOT Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines
- Ensure the integrity of the specimen collection process and explain the minimum requirements necessary for performing collections
- Demonstrate the procedures for obtaining a urine specimen and following chain of custody while correctly documenting information on the Custody and Control Form
- Demonstrate proficiency in proper urine specimen collections
- History of drug and alcohol testing
- Drug and alcohol testing in the workplace
- DOT Urine Specimen Collection Procedures (49 CFR Part 40)
- Problem collection procedures
- Proficiency demonstrations
Six hours of classroom training
Certification is valid for five years upon completing the course.
Contact us to book the Urine Collector Training session.