Preparing for Your Appointment
Everything you need to know.
We want your employment drug testing or occupational health testing appointment to go as smoothly as possible for you. While we’ll take care of most of that on our end, there are a few things you can do to prepare for the drug-testing process. Here’s what you need to know.
For all drug testing procedures:
- You’ll need a government-issued photo identification.
- You’ll be tested by highly experienced, respectful professionals who fully understand the importance of getting accurate results.
- Our staff are highly trained and follow standardized testing protocols – each individual that visits us is treated the same way and goes through the same processes.
- It’s important to listen to the certified collector that’s conducting your test – failure to co-operate during the collection or testing process will result in a refusal to test.
- We will do our very best to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
- As per company policy, children will not be allowed in the collection room, and will only be allowed in the waiting room if supervised by someone other than the donor or CannAmm staff.
If you’re giving a urine sample:
- You’ll have to remove your outer clothing, empty your pockets, and show the items. It’s best to bring as little extra items as possible into the specimen collection site.
- We’ll secure your personal items and any unacceptable items (e.g., knives, lighters) until we’re done.
- You’ll be required to provide a freshly voided urine sample. It will be tested immediately, with the certified collector checking for:
- Unexpected temperature
- Unexpected volume
- Unusual colour
- Unusual odour
- Presence of foreign objects or material
- Tampering, adulteration, or substitution
- If any of the above are found, we’ll need you to provide a second urine sample or, possibly, undertake an observed collection.
For occupational health tests such as medical exams:
- You will be required to provide your medical history.
Our goal is to ensure that your experience is as pleasant as possible while meeting the strict requirements of employment drug testing and occupational health testing procedures and the protocols that go along with them. We thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
To book an appointment, call us at 1.800.440.0023.
- For post-accident or reasonable cause tests, press 3
- For all other drug or alcohol testing appointments, press 2
- For a medical exam or related occupational health service, press 2
- To cancel, change, or reschedule your appointment, press 2