Breath Alcohol Technician Training
This course prepares breath alcohol technicians to conduct breath tests in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Alcohol Testing Procedures Rule, 49 CFR Part 40, and industry standards. This training includes procedural rules and manufacturer-specific evidential breath testing device proficiencies.
Upon completing Breath Alcohol Technician Training, you will be able to:
- Explain evidential breath test (EBT) methodology, operation, and calibration checks.
- Describe breath analysis for alcohol content.
- Explain the Transportation of Workplace Alcohol Testing Program.
- Demonstrate the procedures for obtaining a breath sample, and interpreting and recording EBT results on an alcohol testing form.
- Introduction and overview
- EBT methodology
- Test preparation
- Screening test procedure
- Confirmation test procedure
- Obstacles to completing a test
- Disclosure of information and keeping records
- Proficiency in the use of the EBT
Eight hours of classroom training
Certificate is valid for five years upon completing the course.
Contact us to book the Breath Alcohol Technician Training session.